Thursday, March 26, 2009

New York I Love You


I just got back from my trip to the big apple! I love New York so much, I wish I could live there. I had a really good time, saw some fabulous things, and ate some delicious food. When I got off the train when we arrived home I already wanted to get back on another train heading back to my should-be home. 
Graffiti in Soho
It was REALLY cold and very windy, my little sister could have practically been blown away! Luckily, we managed to stay on the ground and tried to keep warm. I went with my dad and my sister and it was some good bonding time. The first day we got there in the early afternoon, went to a couple stores my sister wanted to go to and then went to dinner at probably my favorite restaurant: Payard. I strongly recommend it, it is fantastic--so delicious! Seriously, go there if you get the chance! The chef is also really sweet and so gracious (my grandma knows him so I've gotten to meet him and practice my French.) The deserts are also to die for and I got to take home some macarons (love them!) The next day I did some shopping with my sister and my dad and sister. I got some goodies at H&M, the store in NYC is their flagship store and is HUGE and filled with such beautiful stuff it is insane! I went nuts when I saw all the lovely spring pastel colors and interesting pieces that are definitely not in the H&M here!

We also went to some other stores, among those being New York Vintage. NY Vintage is an amazing vintage store, filled with glorious pieces dating back to the 20s up until the 80s. They have amazing couture designer pieces and accessories that are just stomach-fluttering to be close to. The only downfall is the prices are very high, and most things are overpriced (i.e. small beaded clutch around $200...I'll pass), but going there was really cool. We ate lunch at my dad's favorite low key deli, The Viand (my dad's been going there since it opened 30 years ago). We also went to NYU and walked around, then went to Soho and did a lot of walking and exploring.
We went to some other stores and then had some dinner at Payard again (I'm telling you, its delicious.) The next day we went to the MET (one of my favorite museums ever), Central Park, walked around downtown, and went to the ever-popular Dylan's Candy Bar. 
In Soho they were handing out giftcards for the Topshop store opening on Broadway and Broomes next thursday...I need to go! Isn't the little Topshop bus so cute?

Pictures of new buys coming soon...

3 comments:

  1. I live in NY, and I love hearing of people thinking its "fabulous". Haha. To me its just dirty. Like the graffiti is everywhere, and its hard to find "delicious food". But I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had a great time! *drools over vintage clothing store*

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds great! your hat is really cute too :)

    ReplyDelete